Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Miranda Cosgrove Named Ambassador for Leukemia Society

Newly 19-year-old Miranda Cosgrove has been announced as a national ambassador for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.


Miranda’s grandmother has suffered from cancer, so the cause is very important to the “iCarly” star. She appears in a new public service announcement for the charity to promote this year’s Light The Night Walks, a campaign to encourage the public to participate in evening strolls to raise awareness of the illness.


Miranda said, “I will walk for my grandmother in hopes of a healthy recovery. I will walk for my fans – those teens who have battled leukemia – the most common cancer in teens my age. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is making it possible for blood cancer patients of all ages to live longer, better lives.”


Congrats Miranda!




Source: ClevverTV

No comments:

Post a Comment